About Sun Life Financial
Baker & Baker Benefits has been trusted Sun Life brokers for over 25 years. Sun Life Financial is a Canadian insurance company, and is one of the oldest financial services companies in the world.
Sun Life Financial is one of the world’s oldest and largest financial services and insurance companies. It operates all over the world, and its head office is in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Sun Life is a very stabile financial services company, and it incorporates a business model that takes into account positive social and environmental impacts. In fact, as of March, 2021, Sun Life has earmarked $20 billion for sustainable investments to be spent over the next 5 years via their various investments and expenditures.
In addition, Sun Life has also committed to scaling back green house gas emissions by 30% by 2030.
Sun Life Financial was founded in Montreal, Quebec in 1865 as “The Sun Insurance Company of Montreal” by an Irish immigrant named Matthew Gault.
It underwent rapid growth, expanding its business operations soon afterward to the USA, England, North Africa, India, China and Japan (just to name a few countries),
In 2002 Sun Life combined with Clarica Life, an insurance company based out of Waterloo, Ontario.
As of 2021, Sun Life has more than 34,000 employees and 112,900 advisors located all over the world.
Sun Life Ratings
The following are several Sun Life ratings via independent, authoritative sources*. Ratings are an indicator of stability, which is an important factor when considering a financial services company that you can trust with your hard-earned finances. For more in-depth rating information please click here.
- Standard & Poor’s: AA rating (very strong)
- Moody’s: Aa3 (high quality)
- A.M. Best: A+ (superior)
- DBRS Morningstar: AA (excellent)
* These are Financial Strength Ratings (FSRs) for the Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada.
Insurance Services Offered
The following are just some of the financial services and insurance plans offered by Sun Life brokers and agents:
- Life insurance.
- Personal health insurance.
- Employee benefits.
- Income insurance protection.
- Travel insurance.
- Visitor to Canada plans.
- Disability and critical illness insurance.
- Long-term care insurance.
- Mortgage protection.
- Estate planning.
- Investment solutions (RRSPs, TFSAs, RESPs, etc.).
- Other various workplace investments
For a full services listing please click here.
We Are Sun Life Brokers for These Areas
Baker & Baker Benefits are Su Life brokers for many different parts of Canada, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Toronto, York Region, Newmarket, Aurora, Markham, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Halton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Durham, Ajax, Pickering, Whitby, Oshawa, Peel, Mississauga, Brampton, Simcoe, Barrie, Bradford and Orillia.
- Edmonton, Red Deer, Calgary, Lethbridge, St. Albert, Medicine Hat, Grande Prairie, Airdrie, Spruce Grove and Leduc..
- Vancouver, Surrey, Burnaby, Richmond, Abbotsford, Coquitlam, Kelowna, Langley Township, Saanich and Delta.
Please use the link below to access all of Manulife’s login pages (organized by product and area).