Guaranteed Issue Enhanced Coverage Summary
Manulife’s Guaranteed Issue Enhanced plan offers individuals and families health and dental insurance coverage with no medical questions asked!
As experienced Canadian health insurance brokers it is our job to find you health, dental and vision care coverage that best suits your situation.
Please use the following as a concise coverage summary of the Guaranteed Issue Enhanced health insurance plan from Manulife Financial. Coverage is absolutely guaranteed, there are no medical questions.
Note that this plan comes with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee. If within 30 days of your policy you are not satisfied simply notify Manulife and you will receive a full refund of premiums (minus any claims that were paid out).
- Overall plan maximum of $2,500 per year.
- 80% coverage.
- Dispensing fee cap of $6.50.
- Coverage as per Drug Essentials Formulary (if generic drugs are available then covered cost is the lowest priced generic equivalent).
- Includes coverage for birth control drugs, smoking cessation drugs, medical marijuana, anti-obesity dugs and vaccines.
- Coverage for prescription lenses, frames, contact lenses and laser eye surgery costs.
- Plan maximum of $200 every 2 years.
- 3 month waiting period.
- Coverage terminates when 70 years old.
- $200 deductible per claim.
Registered Therapists and Specialists
- Extended healthcare benefits for acupuncturists, chiropractors, dieticians, osteopaths, podiatrists, naturopaths, chiropodists, massage therapists, physiotherapists, etc.
- Coverage at 80%.
- Combined plan maximum of $500 per year.
Prosthetics and Medical Supplies
- Covers prosthetics, standard artificial limbs surgical stockings and compression leg sleeves.
- $1,000 per year lifetime maximum of $5,000.
- 1 year waiting period.
- Coverage at 80% of eligible costs.
- Plan maximum of $450 per year.
- Covers exams, cleanings, fillings, scalings, polishing, root planing, diagnostics and other preventive services.
- Scaling limited to 4 units per benefit year (excludes fluoride).
- Recall period of 12 months.
Mental Health Therapy
- Coverage for psychologists, psychotherapists, clinical counsellors, registered social workers and speech therapists.
- $65 for first visit, $45 for subsequent visits.
- 10 combined visits per year.
- Coverage for canes, casts, crutches: max. $200 per year, lifetime max. $1,500. 3 month waiting period.
- Walkers and knee walkers: max. $250 every 3 years. Lifetime max. $1,000. 3 month waiting period.
- Oxygen: max. $250 per year. Lifetime max. $1,000. 3 month waiting period.
- Also provides coverage for wheelchairs, hospital adjustable beds and blood pressure monitors.
Orthotics, Hearing Aids and Nursing
- Orthotics: plan maximum of $250 every 2 years. 3 month waiting period.
- Hearing aids: plan maximum of $500 per 5 consecutive benefit years. Coverage starts in 2nd anniversary year.
- Nursing: coverage for registered nurses (RNs) and registered practical nurses (RPNs). Year 1 and 2: maximums of $500. Year 3 max. of $1,000. Year 4 max. of $2,500. Year 5+ max. of $4,000.