About Manulife Financial
Baker & Baker Benefits has been trusted Manulife brokers for over 25 years. Manulife Financial is Canada’s oldest insurance company!
Manulife Financial, also known as “The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company”, is Canada’s largest insurance company. It has offices worldwide, but its main offices are located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Manulife is also Canada’s oldest insurance company, and as such has an excellent reputation as well as top ratings.
The operating name of Manulife in the U.S.A. is actually the John Hancock Life Insurance Company.
Manulife Financial was founded way back in 1887 as Manufacturers Life Insurance Company Inc. (10 years after confederation). Canada’s first prime minister, John A. McDonald, was actually the company’s very first president.
Since its inception Manulife has grown steadily, and both it and its subsidiaries are now publicly traded on a variety of stock exchanges,
As of 2021 Manulife holds $1.3 trillion in assets (making it a very stable insurance carrier), and employs over 37,000 people worldwide. Manulife also has over 30 million customers who trust them with their insurance needs and financial assets.
The following are several ratings of Manulife Financial by independent sources. Note that ratings are a great indicator of stability, which is strongly desirable when purchasing an insurance policy (you don’t want your insurance company to go bankrupt). To see how Manulife ratings compare to those of other leading insurance companies click here.
- Moody’s Investor Service: A1 rating.
- A.M. Best Company: A+ rating.
- Fitch Ratings: AA-.
- S&P Global Rating: AA- rating.
Insurance Services Offered
The following are just some of the financial services and plans offered by Manulife (and their brokers):
- Life insurance.
- Personal health insurance.
- Group benefits.
- Income insurance protection.
- Travel insurance (including visitor to Canada insurance).
- Banking services.
- Estate planning.
- Investment solutions.
- Special services for alumni, various professionals and retail members.
We Are Manulife Brokers for These Areas
Baker & Baker Benefits are Manulife brokers for many different parts of Canada, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Toronto, York Region, Newmarket, Aurora, Markham, Vaughan, Richmond Hill, Halton, Oakville, Burlington, Milton, Durham, Ajax, Pickering, Whitby, Oshawa, Peel, Mississauga, Brampton, Simcoe, Barrie, Bradford and Orillia.
- Edmonton, Red Deer, Calgary, Lethbridge, St. Albert, Medicine Hat, Grande Prairie, Airdrie, Spruce Grove and Leduc..
- Vancouver, Surrey, Burnaby, Richmond, Abbotsford, Coquitlam, Kelowna, Langley Township, Saanich and Delta.
Please use the link below to access all of Manulife’s login pages (organized by product and area).