Flexcare™ Coverage Summary
Manulife Flexcare offers individuals and families flexible health insurance benefits. Core plans have dental, drug and vision care coverage, and there are optional add-ons like travel insurance available. Get a benefits plan customized just for you!
As experienced Canadian health insurance brokers it is our mission to find you a health and dental insurance plan that best suits your situation.
Also know that some Flexcare plans are medically underwritten (requires answering medical questions) while other plans are guaranteed issue (no medical questions required).
Flexcare® Coverage Summary
Flexcare coverage consists of 3 core health plans along with optional add-on coverage. The 3 main health plans are DrugPlus™, DentalPlus™ and ComboPlus™ (drug and dental). Each of these plans offers varying levels of coverage. DentalPlus, DrugPlus and ComboPlus all offer Basic and Advanced coverage levels, and ComboPlus also offers a Starter plan that is guaranteed issue.
You can compare these plans using the coverage summary below or see the full coverage details. You can also contact us to identify the best plan for your situation.
- Available with DrugPlus and ComboPlus plans.
- Coverage for generic drugs (brand-name with Enhanced plans).
- Shared dispensing fee.
- 70% to 90% coverage (depending on plan).
- $525 to $10,000 annual maximum (depending on plan).
- Anniversary maximums are per person.
- Senior’s adjustments (65+) result in increased coverage.
- Coverage for prescription lenses, frames, contact lenses and laser eye surgery costs.
- Maximums of $150 – $250 every 2 years.
- Maximum of $70 for optometrists every 2 years.
- Vision Enhanced add-on increases coverage to $500 per person every 3 years.
- Not available with ComboPlus Starter plan.
Registered Therapists and Specialists
- Extended healthcare benefits for acupuncturists, chiropractors, dieticians, osteopaths, podiatrists, naturopaths, chiropodists, registered massage therapists, physiotherapists, psychologists, psychotherapists, clinical counsellors, speech therapists, etc.
- Coverage levels range from $15/visit to $65/visit (see the Comparison Chart for more detailed information).
- 10 to 15 max. number of visits per year (depending on type of specialist).
- Lifetime maximums of $250,000 per person.
Live healthy, earn rewards and save money!
Learn and improve your health via activities like healthy eating and exercising, then complete health assessments. The more you do, the more the rewards. You can save up to 10% on your premiums!
- Available with the DentalPlus and ComboPlus plans.
- All plan levels (Starter, Basic and Advanced) cover maintenance services such as fillings, cleanings, scalings, examinations, polishing and some extractions.
- Annual maximums for basic services are $400 – $920 (depending on plan).
- Oral surgeries, periodontics and endodontics (root canals) covered at 60% by Enhanced plans.
- Major restorative (crowns, dentures, orthodontics, bridges) available in 2nd year of Enhanced plans only.
- Recall visits every 9 months, except for Enhanced plans (6 months).
Homecare/Nursing, Prosthetic Appliances and Durable Medical Equipment
- Coverage comes with all Flexcare core plans.
- Covers some of the costs for.nurses, personal support workers and occupational therapists.
- Also includes surgical bandages/dressings and the purchase or rental of medically necessary equipment such as prosthetic appliances and durable medical equipment.
- Yearly maximums of $1,000 to $4,000 per person per year (depending on plan level).
- Senior’s adjustments (65+) increase coverage amounts (see Senior’s Adjustments for more).
The following are optional add-ons that can enhance your core plan coverage:
- Catastrophic Coverage: increases amount of prescription drug, homecare and durable medical equipment coverage.
- Hospital Basic and Enhanced: 2 coverage levels for semi-private and private hospital rooms.
- Travel (8 and 21): $5 million of travel medical insurance coverage for trips lasting 8 or 21 days.
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: increases AD&D levels up to $50,000.
- Vision Enhanced: increases vision care coverage.
Download a Manulife Flexcare brochure and checkout everything that Flexcare plans have to offer at your leisure. Full of useful plan information!
Flexcare Coverage Details
To see a detailed, tabular breakdown of coverage that is offered by all plans please refer to this convenient Flexcare comparison chart.
Flexcare® is a registered trademark of The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company.
DrugPlus™, DentalPlus™ and ComboPlus™ are trademarks of The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company.